There are different types of allergies and millions of people around the globe undergo treatment at nasal allergy clinic for reducing the problems caused by allergies. When allergic symptoms become severe, allergic shiners appears around the eyes. It makes the patients look like as if they have undergone severe boxing fights with Mike Tyson. These swellings or discoloration cause the congestion of blood vessels.
Some of the Important and common allergies are that need treatment from a nasal allergy doctor are detailed below.
- Food allergies
- Seasonal allergies
- Plant allergies
- Nasal Allergies
- Pet Allergies
- Hay fever
- Drug allergies
How to get relief from allergies?
There are numerous ways used for getting relief from allergies. The best method will be to separate out the cause of the allergic symptom and determine which method for this allergy will be suitable in your case. It is recommended that a patient with severe allergic problems may contact an allergy specialist at the earliest. He will suggest some skin test or blood test to find out the source of allergy experienced and to chalk out a detailed treatment program. A nasal allergy doctor may administer desensitizing treatment that can prevent future allergic problems. Sub lingual drops are placed below the tongue to desensitize for those who need a quick relief. For patients who can visit the nasal allergy doctor every month such patients will be provided a monthly EPD by a nasal allergy clinic.
Some suggestions and tips to get relieved from most of the allergies are given below.
- The first thing is to clean all dust from your entire home to keep yourself safe from allergies. Using vacuum cleaner, clean all the drapes and carpets. Don’t forget to include your AC and furnace in this process.
- Keep doors and windows closed so that pollen and dust are not allowed to enter into it. Turn on AC unit and allow fresh air to get circulated.
- Consider whether decongestants or antihistamines would be helpful in relieving allergy symptom. These bring out immediate relief by contracting the blood vessels under the skin and eyes and inside the nose.
- Try eye cream containing caffeine or cold press for swollen or watery eyes. They both work to reduce the swelling.
- You may also try nasal sprays like Flonase or Nasonex for reducing the swelling in nasal passage for relieving nasal allergy symptoms. Try to treat the problem at its source will be much better than going for oral antihistamines.
- Using natural salt water rinse nose to clear out irritants like pollen.
- Don’t open the window glass of your car while driving. Allow air to circulate using the AC circulator.
- Try immunotherapy which is a method to gradually get used to irritant allergens like pollen. This therapy has to be used when all other therapies have found to be futile.
- Always go for natural remedies. Natural antihistamines are helpful in reducing congestion. Antimicrobial herbs like stinging nettle, butterbur etc are helpful in preventing sinus allergies. Visit nasal allergy doctor Chantilly for proper treatment.