Hair loss can be quite hard and a confidence dropper for a lot of people. This is why there are several procedures to help you restore your hair and to make your scalp look fuller. ARTAS hair transplantation procedure is also one of them provided by many hair transplantation clinics. Let’s find out what it is.
ARTAS Hair Transplantation
The ARTAS hair transplantation technique is a more modern approach to the Follicular Unit Extraction method of hair transplant procedure. It is all done by a robotic machine which is known as the ARTAS machine. It is a very good procedure to get your hair restored if you are looking for something natural and whose results will be promising.
Let’s talk about the procedure of ARTAS hair transplantation. It is very similar to the Follicular Unit Extraction, but it is done more quickly and efficiently using a robotic machine. What happens in the Follicular Unit Extraction is that a vacuum-like probe gently extracts either one or unit of 4 hairs from your head.
Then the unit of hair is implanted into the bald spots of your scalp, which is usually the top back part or the entire back of the scalp. This process is not painful at all and it is done within a few hours. The extraction process makes the end result look more natural and you can tweak the results by letting the hair transplantation specialist beforehand where you want the most volume and thickness of hair.
The specialist will implant more extractions in the area which is more bald. Overall, the results are quite natural and it doesn’t give away the fact that you underwent a transplantation procedure.
Cost Of ARTAS Hair Transplantation
Since the ARTAS hair transplantation procedure is a relatively modern and newer technology, it is quite an expensive treatment of hair restoration. Its machines and equipment need to be handled and worked with carefully, which is why a lot of people don’t know how to perform this procedure. Also, the machines and equipment used in ARTAS hair transplantation are quite expensive, so the process will naturally be expensive for you too. Generally, an ARTAS hair transplantation procedure costs anywhere between $8000 to $18000, depending on how many appointments you need to get the desired results and what your specific clinic at the area charges for the process to get done.
What To Expect From ARTAS Hair Transplantation?
It is a fully mechanized process and it can give great results, but you need to take some precautions before going into the procedure. They are as follows:
- You will be given a prescription shampoo to use a week prior to the procedure. This will help to get rid of any excess sebum or dirt which might put hurdles in the completion of the procedure.
- You will be asked to stop taking any blood thinning or altering medications which might be harmful to you during the procedure and afterwards.
- After the process is completed, you will feel some swelling around the extracted areas and that is completely normal.
- You will be advised not to touch your hair with your fingers or with any other article of clothing like a hat or scarf, because the area still might be sensitive.
- You will be advised not to brush your hair either right after the procedure. Your hair will take about an hour to two to get rid of the swelling and become normal to touch again.
- After the procedure, you will be advised not to sweat a lot otherwise the results of the procedure may not turn out the way you want.
- A follow up appointment is necessary after a week of getting the procedure done. The doctor can take a look at your hair to see the progress and you can also lay down some concerns that you might be having.
- After about 10 to 15 days, you can start with your normal hair care routine without any problems.
ARTAS hair transplantation is a relatively newer technique to restore your hair. A lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon to get themselves an ARTAS hair transplantation procedure. But before you decide, talk with a hair transplant doctor Towson to know if you’re eligible for the surgery.