Hip surgeons usually recommend the patients to practice some flexible exercises after the surgery of hip replacement. These exercises are of greater importance as they help in making the hip bones to function normally as before.
Why exercises are to be practiced after replacement surgery of hips?
The mobility of the hip bones can be increased and thus the unwanted adverse effects can be completely curtailed. Regular schedule of exercising needs to be established so that uninterrupted practicing can be conducted without any break. Different kinds of surgery related complications can be easily tackled by means of practicing these exercises.
You don’t need to move anywhere for doing these exercises rather you can now practice them at home only. You can hire any personalized trainer or else can follow the online based videos where detailed demonstrations are included.
There are various options that are available so you can make your own selection easily. But it is better to listen to your doctor in this regard so that improved effects can be acquired. Some physiotherapy moves are also quite useful and play a valuable role in recovering your hips after replacement surgery. There is no harm in practicing those physiotherapy moves as they are comfortable to practice.
List of exercises practiced after replacement surgery
- Walking slowly on a regular basis is a good practice and the surgeons consider it as one of the most effective exercises that can cater you the chance of leading a normal life after the replacement surgery is done.
- Rising of straight legs can cater greater comfort to your hips. This kind of exercise is quite beneficial in enhancing the mobility of the hip joints and thus helps in walking freely without any inconveniences.
- Abduction sets lead to the muscle strengthening and thus the hip bone can get greater support. These exercises need to be practiced so that thigh movements can be effectively controlled.
- Bridging is nothing but buttock raising and this is really a very good practice. You might face a bit of difficulty at the beginning especially if you have got bulky figure but this exercise will cater you greater relief in the later stage.
- The surgeons conducting hip replacement surgery Mclean VA always suggest practicing hamstring sets. These exercises cater strength to both legs and hips and thus the overall limb movement can be made flexible.
- Sitting kicks are also quite useful and they can be easily practiced by both young and aged people. The hip joints can get rid of unwanted pains after replacement surgeries by doing these exercises.